Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

How do file a labor case at DOLE?

Posted by on November 14, 2011 4 Comments Category : Career & Employment &General Information Tags : , , ,

My brother got terminated from the job without any legal reason. He says it was company politics because one of the supervisor’s son wanted his position which he has held for almost 5 years now.

Now he wants to file a case in the Department of Labor for illegal dismissal. How should he go about it? The company is a government office. Any input would be of great help. Thanks!


  1. Shopper_reg on Nov 20, 2011

    How was the termination done? First you need to understand the process of which the termination was done. We call it due process where the immediate boss or HR serves a Showcause Memo, goes through a 48 hour waiting period, Administrative hearing then serving the Sanction Memo. Second, you need to understand the basis of the termination. If these two criteria were failed, or at least one, then you may file illegal termination. Just simply go to any DOLE or NLRC office nearest you, report it and a letter will be sent to the company for an arbiter’s meeting.

  2. juan dela cruz on Apr 01, 2013

    Hi would it possible to file a case for Korean restaurant who employed a minor specifically under the age of 17 with no legal consent from the parents. Likewise they did not offer papers to sign since my friend is a trainee there and was also told by the korean owner that they do not follow the holiday pays that came with the holy week and forces there workers to work more than 10 hrs under a minimum wage

    Please let us know how should we go about this

  3. mis infinity on Sep 18, 2014

    is my situation something i can file in dole? here’s what happened… i work in bpo company and iam a newbie then. my team manager is really scary that something lead me to be scared an uncomfortable. she use to approach newbies like a terror teacher which something i know i cant take it. i tried talkin to her about it but still shes doin same thing. and for me as newbie i dont think its right or the best way to approach. im so stress and i felt so traumatic on the way that shes doin her terror side. that case also made me wanted to resig n bec. of her attitude. coz i think she dont have to do it like that and its not like a manager but more on a beast side. everyday its my agony the way she treat us.

  4. mis jurrasic on Jan 04, 2015

    How can we file a case against our employer regarding our unpaid 13th month pay? under our labor code(PHILIPPINES) section 1..13th month pay should be given to the entitled employee later than 24th of December..but our employer failed to give it to us until now,(January 4,2015) It almost end of the year 2014,still we didn’t receive any amount from our employer and we didn’t hear anything when He will give it to us .Our employer citizenship is Indian-American. And His Store’s named with another person that we didn’t meet ever since we’re employed in this company.(Blue Technology Inc.) It is retail department and we’re selling electronic gadget’s,phone’s & Tablet’s w/o NTC, there are some that has NTC sticker but there are mostly selling GREY UNITS.
    Our other concerns was we are working more than ten hours but they didn’t pay for our overtime and we only have 3 days-off in a month. May I know what are the due process to do a file case against our Employer.?

    I’m Hoping & begging for immediate response regarding this matter..
    Thank you.

Leave a Reply